Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Week 9 - Music Video Role

My assigned role for the music video is Editor. I am really happy that i get to do this role, as editing is the main reason I joined the film department. My second degree is in Computer Science, as I mainly intend to work in some form of digital media production in the future. With the concept we've designed, though, it seems like there will be very little in terms of intensive editing, and it will more resolve around simple clip splicing.

My main reserve on this project is going to be the actual production. I have never been a big fan of being involved with the production process, mainly because post and production are two completely different animals. My main fear is that once the production is done, I’ll still be bogged down with the task of compiling and editing by myself. This isn’t about not wanting to do it, it’s more about balancing my workload since I’ll be the only one working on this project the weeks after shooting.
 
The concept we have I like, as well as the song. It’s made by a close friend of mine, Joel Bloch, who graduated from UNCW this past year. His style has always had a solemn “angst boy” style to it, with flared vocals and slightly more higher pitch than expected. This specific song we’ve interpreted as a guy being haunted by the ghosts of his past girlfriends, and trying to get over them. We’re using camera angles and faux transitions to give the illusion of one long continuous shot. Hopefully it comes across well, and the editing blends the transitions nicely to keep the illusion of one shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment