Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Week 10 - Self Portrait Plans



My plan for the self portrait is to record myself over a 24 hour period while playing video games for the Children’s Miracle Network event known as Extra-Life. During the 24 hours, I will be live streaming and accepting donations to directly support Duke Children’s Hospital for children in need. This is a charity event that I’ve participated in for the last 5 years, each time trying be best my amount raised. Over the last 4 years, I’ve managed to raise just over $1,000 dollars, while the charity has managed to raise over $8,000,000 over the years.

My main concerns that come into play with this process is the editing. The self-portrait is supposed to be 2 minutes long, to be short and digestible. I will have over 24 hours of footage to look through and use to make this portrait. I will try to note entertaining moments during the stream, but there is no way to predict “Oh, this next moment will be good for the video” since it is all essentially improv. Hopefully it won’t take too long to dig through it all, but I can imagine that it will take a little longer than if I just recorded something over a few hours.

The other concern is the actual production process. While I have done the streams in the past, I know how hard it can be to stay actively engaged and entertaining over the 24 hours. I have also been having odd sleep schedules recently, so it might infringe in my ability to complete the stream. That is only a small fear though, since I can sustain myself pretty well in the past in Extra-Life game days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment